Well, September for most of the U.S. means school has started up again and fall is almost here. However, for us down in SW Florida summer is still blazing! I hear that it isn’t going to start cooling down for another couple months, at least. This “winter” will be a new experience for us without the bitter-cold and we are looking forward to perfect weather!
Today, I wanted to share with you about the local outreach opportunity I (Sandra) am involved in. Surf Sisters is a 501(c)3 non-profit branch of the Ride Nature organization. With a focus on reaching out specifically to young woman, SS (Surf Sisters) is a woman led ministry that exists with the mission to impact lives through surf outreach, mentoring, and discipleship. We kicked off SS again at the beginning of this summer and it has been a good transition considering all of the leadership has changed since last summer.
I have attended as many meetings as I have been here for; but, I counted it up the other day and realized we have been out of town for six weeks this summer between mission trips and the summer music tour. Thankfully, there have been three other ladies that were so excited to have to opportunity to be on leadership and have really stepped up.
This summer we have been meeting on Thursday evenings at the beach. Usually, we will have some sort of fun activity (volleyball, paddle boarding, or games) and then sit down for a time of devotion, prayer and discussion. Also, for the summer we had a lot of college-age girls attending. As we move into the fall, we’re praying about trying to reach out and get middle-school aged girls involved, too.
We started off our meetings not knowing exactly what the Lord wanted to teach us and have us share with the group. However, it became clear after a few sessions; Proverbs 31 was a reoccurring theme. Currently, we are going through verse by verse in chapter 31 and talking about the characteristics that make up a woman of God. The girls who have been sharing have been doing an awesome job of expanding on just one verse and sharing the truth that God has revealed to them and it’s application to their lives!
It has been so great to meet such awesome young women who are passionate about becoming women after God’s heart. I pray that the Lord will continue to use this ministry to reach out to women with interest in the surf/beach/water-sports world and draw them into a closer relationship with Him.
“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord should be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
The three ladies who have taken on leadership roles: Sabrina, Skylar, and Natalie.
In addition to sharing about SS, I wanted to keep you all up to date on our praises and prayer requests!
- New Jobs: Ethan and I have accepted the positions offered to us by Sanctuary RV. Ethan has already started doing some part-time work on Tuesday/Thursdays. He is doing some lawn care odds and ends because the maintenance crew is in a bind trying to get everything ready for busy season. I have been meeting with the General Manager and going over big event dates and weekly activities. She told me, “Think of it like a cruise ship. There are 400 retirees on vacation who are bored and we have to give them options of activities to do.” This may be a prayer request too! 😉
- N.Korea Trip: Ride Nature sent 2 staff members on a surfing/skating trip to NORTH Korea! The guys came back with awesome testimonies of their time there and intersession for the North Korean people. They can actually say that they saw the Lord working there! Their trip was most definitely, “To the ENDS of the earth!” When RN writes a recap of the trip, I will be sure to give you all the link.
- Small group: We have the opportunity to be involved in 3 different small groups coming up this fall! Now, we just have to pray for the Lord’s guidance in our involvement!
- KS return: I will be coming back to Kansas October 1st-13th! (Ethan will be in India)
- Monthly Support: I moved this to the praises because God has been so faithful! We have had continued provision for us through consistent and new supporters, plus this new source of income with jobs at Sanctuary RV. However, this is a continual prayer request for us.
- India Trip: Ethan has booked flights to Mumbai, India for himself and two other guys from Renovation church in Lee High, FL from October 1st-9th. We have been in contact with our missionary contact, Jose Victor, for over a year now but have yet to meet him in person. This will be a vision casting trip. He has a heart for church planting but has faced hardship after hardship. Please keep him, his wife Sarah, and their 3 daughters in your prayers. If you would like more information about or to support Jose, check out: http://www.ridenature.org/india/
- Ride Nature Headquarters: Our director, Mark, has still been looking into different building options. We as a RN team have continued to submit this request to the Lord in prayer.
- Discipleship: Both Ethan and I are desiring relationships in which we can be discipled and disciple others. We ask that the Lord guides us as we seek these intentional encounters.
Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to keep up with us so you can be intentional in supporting us through prayer! We are so blessed! As always, we would love to be able to specifically pray for you; please give us a call or email!
I will leave you with this incredible (unfiltered!) picture from our SS meeting last month! If you saw my FB/Instagram post, you might remember that we read though Psalm 19 that night. Our God is amazing!
“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hand have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth.” Psalm 19:1-4
“TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!”
In Christ’s love,
Ethan and Sandra